Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Q&A: Are sober houses/recovery houses considered transitional housing?

No, they are not transitional housing.  Sober/Recovery housing fall under "sober living facilities" as a type of housing in CT. There are DMHAS supported sober/recovery housing which may provide rental assistance/reimbursement; uncertified housing is supported only by rental payments.  Many uncertified sober units have oral leases (month to month) which are legal in CT, but there must be a written lease to support a client using HPRP funds.

Click on link below for more info on Sober Housing in CT

No comments:

Post a Comment