Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Q&A: Can rent arrears be paid with HPRP funds if an applicant has a Section 8 certificate or other type subsidy?

From While a household receiving an ongoing housing subsidy cannot receive HPRP rental assistance, HPRP can be used to help the household pay for up to six months of arrears in cases where the household has fallen behind on its portion of the payment due to a time lag between the household’s change in income and the recalculation of the tenant rent contribution. Note that the payment of arrears is eligible because it represents a different period of time – i.e., the arrears represents a back payment of the client portion, while the current rental assistance is a payment going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment